Sunday, June 27, 2010

Palin


So, Saturday night was spent covering Sarah Palin in Tyler, Texas.

It was a 2 hour drive from Dallas which wasn't too bad on the way up, but on the way back after being the last person in the venue waiting to make sure everything was okay with my story to get on the wire, it was a bit brutal.

It was definitely different.

When you are covering an event or a speaker that is repeatedly making comments about "mainstream media" embedding themselves at the event while you are trying to set up shop (i.e. finding a place to plug in a laptop wherever you can so you can write your story), let's just say it is a bit humorous _ not that AP is mainstream media. It was just funny that me and another print reporter were in a dark corner.

All I know is that I was there to do a job and I did.

I'm including a close shot of Gov. Rick Perry _ he answered some questions before introducing Palin at the Oil Palace in Tyler.

No comment on a Perry/Palin team.


No comments:

Post a Comment