Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mother pleads not guilty by reason of insanity

This was the spot story I worked on today.

Had the San Antonio reporter not been busy with would-be hurricane coverage, I would not have had the opportunity to write this story.

It was challenging not being able to be there for the hearing, but the people with DAs office were very helpful in assisting me. Catherine was especially helpful in sorting out the details. Although my first update was a little sketchy and needed further clarification from the central desk (which I was initially a little embarrassed about), I was able to sort it all out for the more thorough write thru.

By the time it hit the wire, I felt good about the final version.

I worked on it almost all day, and with a story like this, it's important to have all the facts straight.

In between waiting for edits and wrapping up interviews, I was able to sort out some other details for my week in Houston starting Tuesday.

Overall a busy and productive day. I also had my first evaluation for the first four week period and although there were a lot of good marks, there were some room for improvement marks as well.

I totally agree with everything we discussed and I'm looking forward to the next round of my summer with the AP.

Let the travels begin!




No comments:

Post a Comment