Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Intense story

I started the week in the Austin bureau which was very nice. They have a prime location just outside the Texas State Capitol. It was really just an excellent place to have the office.

The people there were great and one reporter gave me the media tour of the capitol. So it was a great start to the week.

Since I have to work this week through like normal, I flew back in to Dallas Tuesday night and reported for duty in the Dallas bureau this morning.

From the get go there was already talk about reporting on this story out of Coppell.
This is one of those stories that just sticks with you.

I was in the office at 9 a.m. and out the door by 9:30 a.m. to head to the scene. I spent the morning talking with neighbors, then going to the city hall and police station to get more information about what had happened.

Everyone in the neighborhood and coworkers of the mayor were in shock and disbelief at the thought of what transpired.

I was back in the office at around 3 p.m. and waited for editing so I could send out another writethru for the afternoon papers.

I'm not sure what else will be revealed about this situation.



No comments:

Post a Comment